There are many misconceptions about the purpose of palliative care and what it involves. Many people think that it is simply end-of-life care, or that it means stopping cancer treatment, or that it is a sign of giving up hope. Our answers to common questions may give you a clearer picture of how palliative care can enhance quality of life for people with advanced cancer.
Click below to learn the answers to these important questions:
- Does palliative care mean end-of-life care?
- Does it shorten or lengthen life?
- Is palliative care the same as euthanasia?
- When can I start palliative care?
- Does it mean giving up hope?
- Who will coordinate my care?
- Where will I receive palliative care?
- Can I still have cancer treatment?
- Will I lose my independence?
- Do I have to pay for palliative care?
- How can palliative care help?