If you work in a school, at some stage you will probably need to support students, families and colleagues affected by cancer. A cancer diagnosis has a ripple effect throughout the school community and calls for a sensitive, well-informed response from staff.
Cancer Council offers a range of resources to help you manage the issues raised by cancer in your school.
Information for school staff:
- Cancer in the school community: When a student, family member or staff member has cancer
- Talking to kids about cancer: How to explain all stages of cancer to children
- Workplace cancer support: General information on work and cancer for employees, managers and employers
- Sun protection: Information and resources on the free SunSmart program for primary schools, SunSmart tips, and sun protection for workplaces
- Eat It To Beat It: Information and resources about the Eat It To Beat It program for schools, which includes free workshops and sessions for parents about healthy eating that can lower cancer risk