Schools and teachers
If you work in a school, at some stage you will probably need to support students, families and colleagues affected by cancer. A cancer diagnosis has a ripple effect throughout the school community and calls for a sensitive, well-informed response from staff.
Cancer Council offers a range of resources to help you manage the issues raised by cancer in your school.
Information for school staff:
- Cancer in the school community: When a student, family member or staff member has cancer
- Talking to kids about cancer: How to explain all stages of cancer to children
- Workplace cancer support: General information on work and cancer for employees, managers and employers
- Sun protection: Information and resources on the free SunSmart program for primary schools, SunSmart tips, and sun protection for workplaces
- Healthy Lunch Box: Developed by dietitians, you can trust our website to help you with all things lunch boxes. Recipes and ideas are family-friendly, packed full of fruit, vegies and wholegrains and use only simple, budget-friendly ingredients.
The information on this page is also available for download.