After your cancer treatment ends, you may feel unsure how to adjust to a new way of living and any physical, emotional and practical challenges.
We’re here for you even after your treatment ends. We offer free survivorship programs, webinars and resources to help you find your ‘new normal’.
The ENRICHing Survivorship program changed my life. The people who ran the program were just amazing. I enjoyed doing the exercises and the nutrition information was very helpful. Emily, breast cancer survivor
The ENRICHing Survivorship program is a free eight-week program that helps cancer survivors restore their physical and emotional health after active cancer treatment.
Sessions run for two hours and are facilitated by an exercise physiologist or physiotherapist, dietitian, yoga instructor and two Cancer Council trained volunteers who have had personal experience with cancer.
The program is made up of the following components:
- Six sessions focus on exercise and nutrition to improve cancer health.
- A relaxation session which introduces breath and movement practice, mindfulness meditation and techniques to reduce stress and anxiety.
- A peer support session provides practical information, discussion and ideas about how to adjust to the changes following cancer treatment.
Program dates and locations
Camperdown, Wahroonga and Penrith July programs have been postponed due to COVID-19 restrictions in Greater Sydney
- Liverpool: Tuesdays, 5 October to 23 November, 9am-11am
- Concord: Fridays, 8 October to 26 November, 10am-12pm
- Castle Hill : Saturdays, 9 October to 27 November, 10am-12pm
- Miranda: Saturdays, 12 February to 2 April, 10am-12pm
- Forestville: Fridays, 18 February to 8 April, 10am-12pm
To find out more, contact us on 1300 360 541 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Resources for survivors
The program is available to people over 18 who have completed active cancer treatment. For people diagnosed with certain cancer types requiring long term treatment the program is available provided the participant is feeling well and able to physically participate.
A carer, partner or family member is welcome to register and attend with the cancer survivor.
You can express your interest by filling out our form. We’ll contact you within five days to discuss if the program is right for you.
You can refer your patient by filling out this form. We’ll contact them within five days to discuss if the program is right for them.
Stay up to date by signing up our quarterly e-newsletter. Each edition features news, inspiring stories, upcoming events and helpful resources for cancer survivors and their supporters.