Living well after cancer
Coming to the end of treatment may be a time when you notice the impact cancer had on you, your family and friends. For many people, life has changed and is not quite the same as it was before their diagnosis. However, finding a new way of living after cancer treatment can take time and present many challenges.
This information aims to help you navigate your way through the different emotional, physical and practical challenges you may face after you have finished your initial cancer treatment or are on maintenance therapies to try to prevent the cancer coming back. These challenges will vary depending on the type of cancer and treatment you had, and your personal situation.
Many people live for a long time after cancer treatment. We hope this information helps you with the transition to life after active cancer treatment.
Learn more about:
- Who is a cancer survivor?
- Finding a “new normal”
- Understanding your feelings
- Fear of cancer coming back
- Follow-up care
- Impact on family and friends
- Coping with side effects after treatment
- Taking control of your health
- Legal, financial and workplace concerns
- Seeking support
- Cancer Council services
- Questions for your doctor
Podcast: Coping with a Cancer Diagnosis