Here you can learn more about targeted therapy, a treatment offered to some people with cancer. We hope this helps you, your family and friends understand what targeted therapy is and how it may help treat cancer.
What is targeted therapy?
This is a type of drug treatment that attacks specific features of cancer cells, known as molecular targets, to stop the cancer growing and spreading. Other names for targeted therapy include biological therapies and molecular targeted therapy.
Listen to a podcast on New Treatments – Immunotherapy and Targeted Therapy
Learn more about:
- How targeted therapy works
- Who can have targeted therapy?
- Where molecular targets come from
- Types of targeted therapy
- Other cancer treatments
- Who benefits from targeted therapy
- Challenges of targeted therapy
- How targeted therapy is given
- Side effects of targeted therapy
- What questions to ask your doctor
- Video: What is targeted therapy?
Video: What is drug therapy?
If you have cancer, drug therapy may play a big role in your treatment plan. Watch this short video to learn more about drug therapies, including targeted therapy and immunotherapy.