This information has been designed to help you understand more about the possible effects of cancer treatments on your experience of eating. Some treatments can change the taste or smell of food, or the feeling of food in your mouth.
Up to 80% of people receiving cancer treatment report changes in the flavour of food. These can affect the way they enjoy food, and could lead to a less nutritious diet.
Learn more about:
- How do we experience flavour?
- Why are the senses affected?
- What changes could I experience?
- How long do changes last?
- Tips for managing taste and smell changes