Cancer Council Podcasts
Listen to experts and people affected by cancer talk about how to navigate the challenges of a cancer diagnosis or find calm with our meditation and relaxation podcast.
Cancer Council podcasts are a great way to learn more about cancer, treatments, side-effects and more.
Sometimes listening is easier than reading and our podcast series are a great way to hear experts explain common experiences for people with cancer.
We currently have four podcast series available:
- The Thing About Cancer – Information and insights for people affected by cancer
- The Thing About Advanced Cancer – Information and insights for people affected by advanced cancer
- Cancer & COVID-19 – If you are affected by cancer, what does the COVID-19 pandemic mean for you?
- Finding Calm during Cancer – Listen to our relaxation and meditation podcast.
The Thing About Cancer and The Thing About Advanced Cancer come with full episode guides, including a transcript and links to the resources and services mentioned in each episode.
Click on the episode titles above to find out more.
It’s easy to listen to any episode of our podcast series in your browser.
Just follow these steps:
- Click on the series logo at the top of this page.
- Scroll down the list of episodes and click the play button underneath your chosen episode. A podcast player should pop up at the bottom of your window.
Note: if you navigate to a different page or close your browser, the podcast will stop playing. If you want to listen while doing other activities, we’d recommend following the instructions below.
Go to your favourite podcast app and search for one of our podcast series or follow these steps:
- Click the series logo at the top of this page
- Click the apple/google/spotify link for that series
- Once the app opens, play the episodes as you normally would in that app.
If you haven’t used a podcast app before, check out our full guide on how to download and listen to podcasts on your smart phone.
Leave us some feedback, suggest a topic for our podcast or ask us a question. All fields are required.
The stories and experiences contained in this podcast have been relayed to The Cancer Council NSW by the speakers and represent their own views and opinions. They do not represent the views and opinions of The Cancer Council NSW, and The Cancer Council NSW specifically excludes all responsibility and liability for any of those views and opinions, or otherwise arising out of any reliance upon them or any action taken on the basis of the information in this podcast or any errors or omissions therein. The Cancer Council NSW recommends you obtain independent advice specific to your circumstances from appropriate health and other professionals.