This section covers cancer-related fatigue, a common side effect of cancer and cancer treatments. Learn what fatigue is, its causes and how it can be managed.
Find answers to questions such as what is cancer-related fatigue, what are the causes, and how long does fatigue last?
- What is causing the fatigue?
- Do I need a blood test to find out what is contributing to the fatigue?
- What can I do to reduce or manage the fatigue?
- Is there anything that I should avoid doing?
- What can help me to sleep better?
- How long is the fatigue likely to last?
- Can a social worker talk to me about help at home?
- What exercise or activity do you recommend?
- Can you refer me to an occupational therapist, physiotherapist or exercise physiologist who works with people with cancer-related fatigue?
- Are there fatigue clinics or local group programs that I can attend?
- Are there any complementary therapies that might help me?