To give your staff the knowledge and skills to address smoking as part of everyday support.
Why this step is important
Training for staff is an essential component of increasing your organisation’s capacity to address smoking. Quality training builds the confidence and skills of your staff so they can provide a deeper level of support to clients.
2- 4 months
Who to involve:
Steps to implement
- Contact CCNSW to arrange training
We currently offer training for organisations that have signed up as part of the Tackling Tobacco program.
Our training is designed to give your staff:
- knowledge of smoking habits and behaviours
- exposure to Nicotine Replacement Therapies (NRTs) and how to administer them
- practice conducting intervention and motivational interviews
Access the Tacking Tobacco eLearning Training Course.
- Factsheets to support staff knoweldge
These factsheets are helpful for staff in social and community services.