Cancer Council NSW is a company limited by guarantee. Our constitution is available here (PDF 331KB).
Board of Directors
Cancer Council NSW is governed by a Board of Directors, which is accountable to our members. The Board of Directors is comprised of six Directors who are elected by the members, and four Directors who are appointed by the Board.
The Cancer Council NSW Corporate Governance Statement (PDF, 121KB) sets out the Board of Directors’ approach to good governance and best practice, as well as the processes that are in place that ensure that Cancer Council NSW uses funds raised by the community to carry out its mission.
The Board has adopted:
- Board Charter (PDF 186KB)
- Board Code of Conduct (PDF 104KB)
- Board Conflict of Interest Policy (PDF 274KB)
which reflect the requirements of the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission, as well as best practice in not-for-profit governance.
Click here to learn more about our Board of Directors.
The Board has seven Committees that assist the Board:
- Cancer Research Committee (PDF 347kB)
- Ethics Committee (PDF 406KB)
- Audit and Risk Committee (PDF 108KB)
- Fundraising and Marketing Committee (PDF 253KB)
- Governance Committee (PDF 113KB)
- Investment Committee (PDF 116KB)
- Remuneration and Nomination Committee (PDF 296KB)
The Board has adopted Charters to govern the membership and procedures of each of the Board Committees. For more information about these Committees, see the Annual Report.
The application for membership form is available here (PDF 170KB).