Working at Cancer Council NSW gives you access to a range of great benefits to help maximise your income, reduce expenses and develop your career. Most importantly, we want you to be happy and healthy whilst working for us so we also offer a range of generous health and leave benefits.
There’s a lot that you can’t get from the other organisations mainly, being able to witness the impact you’re making firsthand.
Being a not-for-profit organisation allows us to offer our employees access to some amazing tax savings through salary packaging. This helps you reduce your taxable income and increase your take home pay through offsetting general expenses, venue hire, meals and entertainment.
We want to ensure that all our employees have the skills and knowledge they need in their current role, while also identifying areas for development to take on future opportunities. Our 70:20:10 development philosophy encompasses on-the-job training, coaching and mentoring, and formal training. We encourage employees to participate in work- related conferences, seminars or other networking opportunities to update and extend your knowledge of current issues, practices and future directions in your field. Study Leave may also be available to assist with your work-related continued education.
Employees and volunteers receive a discount at our retail stores throughout NSW, which stock a range of sun smart products and merchandise.
EAP is a free and confidential counselling service available for our employee and their immediate family members to support you through personal, family or work issues, including access to indigenous psychologists for our Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander employees.
- Reward Days – to recognise individual performance contributions employees make towards achieving organisational objectives,
- Cancer support leave – to provide support for employees impacted by cancer, either through their own diagnosis and treatment or in the provision of primary care to
an immediate family member.
- Festive period – our offices close down for a short time over the Christmas period each year and we provide up to two additional days of leave to employees to use during this period as our way of saying thank you for your hard work and commitment over the year.
- Family and domestic violence leave – available should you find yourself in situation where you need to deal with the impact of family violence
- Extension of compassionate leave provisions for our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees for ‘Sorry Business’
We understand the importance of caring for loved ones, therefore offer workplace flexibility and support to help you manage the delicate balance of work and family life including flexible working hours and working from home options, where possible. We also offer parental leave allowances beyond the statutory requirements.
To help you keep active and reduce your cancer risk, we have partnered with a number of gyms across NSW offer our employees discounted memberships.
Supporting employees who wish to ride to work or fit some exercise into their working day is important. Most of our offices have shower facilities available and on-site bicycle storage.
Sunscreen is available at all our buildings to help protect your skin from harmful UV rays when you head out of the office
All employees to take a day out of their normal roles and help us raise money to support our mission. It is a wonderful opportunity to be the face of Cancer Council and connect to our vital work