Project grants are open to all Australian cancer researchers. Applications for funding are aligned with the National Health and Medical Research Council’s Ideas Grants submission and review processes.
Cancer Council NSW Project Grants are:
- open to research projects on any aspect of cancer, including its causes, mechanisms, prevention, treatment and care, and the organisation and performance of cancer control services
- awarded for up to three years, commencing in 2021
- valued up to $450,000 over three years
- open to all Australian cancer researchers
Researchers wishing to apply for Cancer Council NSW Project Grants must complete:
- NHMRC Ideas Grant application. In the Sapphire application, applicants to select ‘Cancer Council’ as a funding option
- Supplementary Questions document; and
- Consumer Review Form.
For further information on consumer involvement in research, and/ or where to find a qualified consumer, click here.
Key Dates and Deadlines
|11 March 2020||NHMRC Ideas Grant / CCNSW Project Grant applications open|
|13 May 2020||Closing date for submission of NHMRC Ideas Grant minimum data via Sapphire|
|17 June 2020||Closing date for NHMRC Ideas Grant applications via Sapphire|
|24 June 2020||Closing date for submission of Supplementary Questions (to National Cancer Research Grants Secretariat at CancerCouncilGrants@cancervic.org.au). *|
|24 June 2020||Closing date for submission of Consumer Review Forms (to Cancer Council NSW at firstname.lastname@example.org)|
*Please note: the Supplementary Questions form was amended in 2020. Please ensure that the amended Supplementary Questions Form is used for your application.
Research Grant Management Team