Project grants are open to all Australian cancer researchers. Applications for funding are aligned with the National Health and Medical Research Council’s Ideas Grants submission and review processes.
Cancer Council NSW Project Grants are:
- open to research projects on any aspect of cancer, including its causes, mechanisms, prevention, treatment and care, and the organisation and performance of cancer control services
- awarded for up to three years
- valued up to $450,000 over three years
- open to all Australian cancer researchers
Researchers wishing to apply for Cancer Council NSW Project Grants must complete:
- NHMRC Ideas Grant application. In the Sapphire application, applicants to select ‘Cancer Council’ as a funding option
- Supplementary Questions document; and
- Consumer Review Form.
Project Grant Outcomes
Key Dates and Deadlines
|10 March 2021||NHMRC Ideas Grant / CCNSW Project Grant applications open|
|7 April 2021||Closing date for submission of NHMRC Ideas Grant minimum data via Sapphire|
|5 May 2021||Closing date for NHMRC Ideas Grant applications via Sapphire|
|19 May 2021||Closing date for submission of Supplementary Questions (to National Cancer Research Grants Secretariat at CancerCouncilGrants@cancervic.org.au). *|
|19 May 2021||Closing date for submission of Consumer Review Forms (to Cancer Council NSW at email@example.com)|
|TBA||Successful applicants to be notified.|
*Please note: the Supplementary Questions form was amended in 2021. The amended Supplementary Questions Form must be used.