Project grants are open to all Australian cancer researchers. Applications for funding are aligned with the National Health and Medical Research Council’s Ideas Grants submission and review processes.
Cancer Council NSW Project Grants are:
- open to research projects on any aspect of cancer, including its causes, mechanisms, prevention, treatment and care, and the organisation and performance of cancer control services
- awarded for up to three years
- valued up to $450,000 over three years
- open to all Australian cancer researchers
Researchers wishing to apply for Cancer Council NSW Project Grants must complete:
- NHMRC Ideas Grant application. In the Sapphire application, applicants to select ‘Cancer Council’ as a funding option
- Supplementary Questions document; and
- Consumer Review Form.
Advice to applicants for 2023 grants. The Supplementary Questions and Consumer Review forms will be moving to online versions in 2022. Major changes to the questions are NOT expected.
Project Grant Outcomes
Key Dates and Deadlines
|09 Mar 2022||NHMRC Ideas Grant / CCNSW Project Grant applications open|
|06 Apr 2022||Minimum data due for NHMRC Ideas Grant via Sapphire|
|4 May 2022||Closing date for NHMRC Ideas Grant applications via Sapphire|
|18 May 2022||Closing date for submission of Supplementary Questions (to National Cancer Research Grants Secretariat at CancerCouncilGrants@cancervic.org.au).|
|18 May 2022||Closing date for submission of Consumer Review Forms (to Cancer Council NSW at email@example.com)|
|December 2021||Successful applicants of grants commencing in 2022 have been advised.|