Research Project Grant applications for funding commencing in 2019 are NOW OPEN
Research Project Grants are available over three years with funding up to $450,000.
Cancer Council NSW funds any aspect of cancer, including its causes, mechanisms, prevention, treatment and care, and the organisation and performance of cancer control services.
Key Dates 2018
|10 January||Call for applications open|
|14 March||Closing date NHMRC applications|
|16 March||Closing date Supplementary Questions|
|30 March||Closing date Consumer Review Form|
|May-August||NHMRC assessment of applications|
|October||Consumer Review Panel|
|November||Recommendations to Cancer Council Board|
|December||Applicants advised of outcome|
How to Apply
- Submit application via NHMRC RGMS in accordance with NHMRC advice and instructions.
- Complete and submit Cancer Council Supplementary Questions form.
- Complete and submit Cancer Council Consumer Review form.
- Submit form as PDF file
- Naming convention for file: APP[NHMRC application ID]_SuppQs_[CIA Surname] eg APP191919_SuppQs_Smith
- Submit form to: CancerCouncilGrants@cancervic.org.au
Consumer Review form
- Submit form as WORD or PDF file
- Submit form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chief Investigator A must be affiliated with a NSW Administering Institution.
- The majority of the research must be conducted in NSW.
- The majority of costs must be incurred in NSW.
- The purchase of products or services must be directly related to the NSW component of any collaborative project.
- Chief Investigator A may hold no more than two concurrent Cancer Council NSW Project Grants.
- Chief Investigators on any current Cancer Council NSW Program Grants are ineligible.
- Strategic Research Partnership Grant (STREP) Chief Investigators may simultaneously hold a Project Grant for research not related to that funded under the Partnership agreement.
For detailed eligibility information see the Policy and Conditions of Award for Project Grants
Review of applications to Cancer Council NSW occurs in four stages:
- Applications are initially reviewed through the NHMRC peer review system for scientific quality, significance and innovation, and team quality and capacity.
- NHMRC fundable proposals (Category 4 or above) are eligible for review by Cancer Council NSW’s Consumer Review Panel for potential benefit and engagement with cancer consumers.
- NHMRC scientific scores and the Consumer Review Panel scores are combined equally to derive the final Cancer Council NSW score and ranked funding list.
- Applicants are notified of outcomes in December each year and funding is formally awarded by Cancer Council NSW Board at the annual Research Awards event.
For enquiries about the NHMRC application process contact:
NHMRC Research Help Centre
Tel: 1800 500 983
For enquiries about applications to Cancer Council NSW contact:
John Williams, Research Governance Officer