Project Grant applications (including Box Rallies Grant) for funding commencing in 2020.
Applications for Cancer Council NSW Project Grants are now open for funding commencing in 2020. Applications for funding are aligned with the National Health and Medical Research Council’s Ideas Grants submission and review processes.
This year, we are pleased to announce a new grant category – the National Box Rallies Project Grant. The National Box Rallies Project Grant (Box Rallies Grant) has been established to recognise Box Rallies’ 10th anniversary as a major fundraiser to Cancer Council and is intended to be available annually.
Recognising that Box Rallies supporters come from across Australia, this category is open to applicants from any Australian state or territory.
Cancer Council NSW Project Grants (including Box Rallies Grant) are:
- open to research projects on any aspect of cancer, including its causes, mechanisms, prevention, treatment and care, and the organisation and performance of cancer control services
- awarded for up to three years, commencing in January 2020.
- valued up to $450,000 over three years.
Researchers wishing to apply for Cancer Council Project Grants (including Box Rallies Grants) will need to complete the following:
- NHMRC Ideas Grant application. In the RGMS application, applicants to tick ‘Cancer Council’ as a funding option;
- Cancer Council Supplementary Questions document; and
- Cancer Council NSW Consumer Review Form.
For Guidelines and Application forms, click here.
For further information on consumer involvement in research, and/ or where to find a qualified consumer, click here.
Key Dates and Deadlines
|06 March 2019||NHMRC Ideas Grant / CCNSW Project Grant applications open|
|08 May 2019||Closing date for NHMRC Ideas Grant applications via the Research Grants Management System (RGMS)|
|22 May 2019||Closing date for submission of Supplementary Questions (to National Cancer Research Grants Secretariat at CancerCouncilGrants@cancervic.org.au)|
|22 May 2019||Closing date for submission of Consumer Review Forms (to Cancer Council NSW at email@example.com)|
Research Grant Management Team