Applications for funding are aligned with the National Health and Medical Research Council’s Ideas Grants submission and review processes.
From 2020 National Box Rallies Project Grants have been established to acknowledge Box Rallies as a major fundraiser to Cancer Council.
Recognising that Box Rallies supporters come from across Australia, this category is open to applicants from any Australian state or territory.
Cancer Council NSW Project Grants (including Box Rallies Grant) are:
- open to research projects on any aspect of cancer, including its causes, mechanisms, prevention, treatment and care, and the organisation and performance of cancer control services
- awarded for up to three years, commencing in January 2020.
- valued up to $450,000 over three years.
Researchers wishing to apply for Cancer Council Project Grants, including Box Rallies Grants, will need to complete the following:
- NHMRC Ideas Grant application. In the RGMS application, applicants to tick ‘Cancer Council’ as a funding option
- Cancer Council Supplementary Questions document; and
- Cancer Council NSW Consumer Review Form.
For Guidelines and Application forms, click here.
For further information on consumer involvement in research, and/ or where to find a qualified consumer, click here.
Key Dates and Deadlines
|TBA||NHMRC Ideas Grant / CCNSW Project Grant applications open|
|TBA||Closing date for submission of NHMRC Ideas Grant minimum data via the Research Grants Management System (RGMS)|
|TBA||Closing date for NHMRC Ideas Grant applications via RGMS|
|TBA||Closing date for submission of Supplementary Questions (to National Cancer Research Grants Secretariat at CancerCouncilGrants@cancervic.org.au). *|
|TBA||Closing date for submission of Consumer Review Forms (to Cancer Council NSW at email@example.com)|
*Please note: an amended version of the Supplementary Questions form will be published in 2020. Please ensure that the amended Supplementary Questions Form is used for your application.
Research Grant Management Team