Zucchini and corn soup: Recipe by Catherine Underwood
By Cancer Council NSW
These healthy recipes have been sent in by our fabulous volunteers and supporters.
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 small onion finely chopped
2 gloves of garlic, finely chopped
5-6 zucchini, grated
2-3 cobs corn, chop corn from the cob
2 cups of water
1 vegetable stock cube
Pepper, to taste
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes or until soft, add in garlic and cook for another minute.
2. Add the zucchini, and water, stir in the stock cube, bring to light boil and then reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook for approximately 8 minutes. ( add extra water it required to ensure the zucchini is fully covered while cooking)
3. Add corn and simmer for another 4 minutes.
4. Transfer mixture to a food processor and process until smooth.
5. Return soup to saucepan, add pepper to taste, cook over medium heat, uncovered until warmed through. Serve with crusty wholemeal bread .
For some extra flavour: grate small amount of Parmesan and add to the soup when served.
Click on the print icon at the top of the page to print this page