Cancer Council NSW is a company limited by guarantee. Our constitution is available here (PDF, 331KB).
Board of Directors
Cancer Council NSW is governed by a Board of Directors, which is accountable to our members. The Board of Directors is comprised of six Directors who are elected by the members, and four Directors who are appointed by the Board.
The Cancer Council NSW Corporate Governance Statement (PDF, 121KB) sets out the Board of Directors’ approach to good governance and best practice, as well as the processes that are in place that ensure that Cancer Council NSW uses funds raised by the community to carry out its mission.
The Board has adopted:
- Board Charter (PDF, 186KB)
- Board Code of Conduct (PDF 330KB)
- Board Conflict of Interest Policy (PDF, 274KB)
which reflect the requirements of the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission, as well as best practice in not-for-profit governance.
Click here to learn more about our Board of Directors.
The Board has seven Committees that assist the Board:
- Cancer Research Committee
- Ethics Committee (PDF, 406KB)
- Audit and Risk Committee (PDF, 116KB)
- Fundraising and Marketing Committee (PDF, 253KB)
- Governance Committee (PDF, 113KB)
- Investment Committee (PDF, 116KB)
- Remuneration and Nomination Committee (PDF, 296KB)
The Board has adopted Charters to govern the membership and procedures of each of the Board Committees. For more information about these Committees, see the Annual Report.
The application for membership form is available here (PDF, 170KB).