Telephone support groups offer support and information to adults affected by cancer, including patients, their families and carers.
We’ve run groups for over a decade, connecting hundreds of people.
Wherever you are in Australia, you can:
- talk with people who are in a similar situation
- share experiences and information
- give and receive support
- share practical tips, tools and strategies.
How do groups work?
- each group has 3-8 members and two qualified facilitators
- groups get together over the phone twice a month – each session lasts an hour
- participation is flexible – it’s okay to skip sessions when you need to
- it’s free and confidential.
|Advanced Cancer: For people whose cancer has moved from its original site||1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month||1.30-2.30pm|
|Metastatic Breast Cancer: For people whose breast cancer has moved from its original site||2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month||1.30-2.30pm|
|Brain Tumour: For people diagnosed with a malignant brain tumour||1st and 3rd Monday of the month||1.30-2.30pm|
Multiple Myeloma: For people who living with multiple myeloma
|2nd and 4th Monday of the month||1.30-2.30pm|
Pancreatic Cancer: For people with a diagnosis of pancreatic cancer
|1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month||1.30 – 2.30pm|
Metastatic Melanoma: For people living with Stage 3 or 4- on treatment or a trial
|4th Wednesday of the month||1.30-2.30pm|
Groups for family and friends
|Carer: For people who are providing primary care for a family member, friend or loved one with a cancer diagnosis||2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month||1.30 – 2.30pm|
|Life After Loss: For people who’s loved one has died from a cancer-related illness. This is a ‘closed’ six-session format.||Weekly sessions held across specific dates||
*All group times are in New South Wales time.
How do I join a group or find out more?
- Call Cancer Council 13 11 20 or 1300 755 632
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org