Sally Crossing AM Award for an Outstanding Outcome in Cancer Research
This Award is dedicated to the memory of the late Sally Crossing AM (1946-2016). Sally was a pioneer and tireless advocate for consumer involvement in cancer research. Cancer Council NSW and Cancer Voices NSW acknowledge the extraordinary support of the Belalberi Foundation and the Crossing family in conferring this award.
The Sally Crossing AM Award for an Outstanding Outcome in Cancer Research (individual award) rewards outstanding achievement in cancer research, the inclusion of consumers in research, and the delivery of significant benefit to the cancer community.
The Award recipient will receive $100,000 to further their research endeavours.
The Sally Crossing AM Award for an Outstanding Outcome in Cancer Research will recognise a researcher who satisfies the following criteria:
- Has achieved a significant outcome in the field of cancer research that benefits the community.
- Involved consumers in this research and can be demonstrated that the consumers were involved throughout the duration of the research.
- Received Cancer Council NSW competitive research funding for this research as lead chief investigator (Chief Investigator A), within 10 years of award.*
- Is an active cancer researcher affiliated with an NHMRC administering institution.
* Including grants awarded through the Cancer Australia’s Priority-driven Collaborative Cancer Research Scheme (funded in part/full by Cancer Council NSW).
The scheme will be open from 15 August 2023 until 01 December 2023.
Researchers are to self-nominate for the award and must address the eligibility criteria.
To assist in your preparation, you can preview the Nomination Form questions.
Enquiries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.