If you’re affected by Hodgkin lymphoma, you may have many questions about how it is diagnosed, treatment options, side effects and how to stay well. You can find trustworthy information about all aspects of your experience below.
Hodgkin lymphoma is a cancer of the lymphatic system. Get an overview of Hodgkin lymphoma, what causes it and who gets it.
Find out about the tests for Hodgkin lymphoma, how it is diagnosed and staged, and who will provide your care.
Chemotherapy and radiation therapy are the main treatments for Hodgkin lymphoma. Some people may be offered further treatments such as a stem cell transplant, targeted therapy or immunotherapy.
Learn about follow-up care, what happens if the lymphoma returns, and how to look after your physical and mental health.
- What type of Hodgkin lymphoma do I have?
- Where is the lymphoma? What stage and risk category is it?
- Are the latest tests and treatments for lymphoma available in this hospital?
- Will a multidisciplinary team be involved in my diagnosis and treatment?
- Are there clinical guidelines for this type of lymphoma?
- What treatment do you recommend? What is the aim of the treatment?
- Are there other treatment choices for me? If not, why not?
- If I don’t have the treatment, what should I expect?
- I’m thinking of getting a second opinion. Can you recommend anyone?
- How long will treatment take? Will I have to stay in hospital?
- Are there any out-of-pocket expenses not covered by Medicare or my private health cover? Can the cost be reduced if I can’t afford it?
- How will we know if the treatment is working?
- Are there any clinical trials or research studies I could join?
- What are the risks and possible side effects of each treatment?
- Will the treatment affect my sex life and fertility?
- Will I have a lot of pain? What will be done about this?
- Can I work, drive and do my normal activities while having treatment?
- Should I change my diet or physical activity during or after treatment?
- Are there any complementary therapies that might help me?
- How often will I need check-ups after treatment?
- Are there any long-term side effects or risks that I need to watch out for?
- If the lymphoma returns, how will I know? What treatments could I have?
- Are there any local support groups for people with Hodgkin lymphoma?