At Cancer Council, we love working closely with our community – so talking to you is really important to us. We’re inviting you – whether it’s your school, community group, workplace, or fundraising event – to book a free talk to hear and learn from our trained speakers about a variety of topics related to cancer.
You can request a talk topic that most interests you. These include:
- A Community Ambassador sharing their personal cancer story
- A Speaker sharing information on the following:
- Who we are and what we do at Cancer Council
- Cancer prevention (such as nutrition, skin cancer prevention or tobacco control)
- Cancer research
- Cancer information and support services
- Fundraising (including Cancer Council fundraisers in your local area, how you can fundraise for us and how your funds make a difference)
Request a talk
Please note, Cancer Council Talks are available in NSW only and are subject to availability.
Interested in becoming a Speaker?
Cancer Council Talks Speakers and Community Ambassadors are volunteers who give their time and skills to educate the community about cancer or share their personal cancer experience. They are specially recruited and trained to be one of the important links between our organisation and the community.
Our speakers come from a wide range of backgrounds – including medicine, education, business or those affected by cancer who want to make a difference.
If you are interested in volunteering please click here to view current opportunities.