Adam is a research fellow in the Cancer Research Division. He was previously a research student at the University of Sydney where he studied mathematical models of plasma physics and brain dynamics.
At Cancer Council NSW, he is using the Policy1 platform to analyse the effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of various screening and vaccination strategies for cervical cancer prevention. He is focused on obtaining outcomes for lower-and-middle income countries, in particular China and Malaysia.
He has also contributed to comparative modelling of various cervical cancer elimination scenarios in conjunction World Health Organisation, and is continuing to perform ongoing work as part of a collaboration with the WHO.
Bsc (Adv)(Hons), Phd
- Honorary Research Fellow, School of Public Health, Faculty of Medicine and Health, University of Sydney
- Visiting Lecturer, Department of Social and Preventive Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya
Current student supervision
Selected key publications
- Mortality impact of achieving WHO cervical cancer elimination targets: a comparative modelling analysis in 78 low-income and lower-middle-income countries. K Canfell, JJ Kim, M Brisson, A Keane, KT Simms, M Caruana, EA Burger, D Martin, DTN Nguyen, E Bénard, S Sy, C Regan, M Drolet, G Gingras, JF Laprise, J Torode, MA Smith, E Fidarova, D Trapani, F Bray, A Ilbawi, N Broutet, R Hutubessy. The Lancet 395 (10224), 591-603 (2020)
- Impact of HPV vaccination and cervical screening on cervical cancer elimination: a comparative modelling analysis in 78 low-income and lower-middle-income countries. M Brisson, JJ Kim, K Canfell, M Drolet, G Gingras, EA Burger, D Martin, KT Simms, E Bénard, M-C Boily, S Sy, C Regan, A Keane, M Caruana, DTN Nguyen, MA Smith, JF Laprise, M Jit, M Alary, F Bray, E Fidarova, F Elsheikh, PJN Bloem, N Broutet, R Hutubessy. The Lancet 395 (10224), 575-590 (2020)
- Impact of HPV vaccine hesitancy on cervical cancer in Japan: a modelling study. KT Simms, SJB Hanley, MA Smith, A Keane, K Canfell. The Lancet Public Health (2020)
- Development and application of a framework to estimate health care costs in China: The cervical cancer example. YJ Liu, A Keane, KT Simms, JB Lew, JF Shi, C Mazariego, S Yuill, J Jeronimo, YL Qiao, K Canfell. PloS one 14 (10), e0222760 (2019)