Here are some questions about targeted therapy to ask your doctor to see if this is the right cancer treatment for your situation. If your doctor gives you answers that you don’t understand, ask for clarification.
- Is targeted therapy available as part of my treatment plan? If not, why not?
- Which targeted therapy drug are you recommending?
- What do you expect the targeted therapy drug to do to the cancer?
- Will it be my only treatment or will I also have other treatments?
- How often will I have targeted therapy?
- How long will I receive treatment?
- Where will I have treatment?
- What side effects should I watch out for or report?
- Will it affect my immune system or vaccinations?
- Who do I contact if I get side effects?
- How can side effects be managed?
- What clinical trials are available?
- How will I know if the treatment is working?
Listen to a podcast on New Treatments – Immunotherapy and Targeted Therapy