Serves: 4 | Preparation time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 10 minutes
2 cups cooked brown rice (from 1 cup uncooked rice)
6 spring onions (including green tops), thinly sliced
1 medium red capsicum, seeded and finely diced
1 medium yellow capsicum, seeded and finely diced
½ cup parsley, chopped
½ cup currants
4 x 100 g salmon fillets
Olive or canola oil spray
1 bunch bok choy, quartered
½ cup unsalted roasted cashews, roughly chopped, to serve
1 tbs reduced-salt soy sauce
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
2 tsp honey
1 tsp sesame oil
Juice of ½ lemon
1. In a large bowl, mix together cooked rice, spring onions, capsicums, parsley and currants.
2. To make dressing, combine soy sauce, vinegar, honey, sesame oil and lemon juice in a cup. Pour over salad and stir through well.
3. Place a metal steamer into a large saucepan with a few centimetres of water. Add bok choy and bring to the boil. Steam with lid on for 3 minutes or until tender.
4. Meanwhile heat a griddle, barbeque grill or large non-stick frypan on high. Lightly spray each side of salmon with oil, season with pepper. Reduce heat to medium and cook salmon for 3 minutes each side until golden brown and just cooked.
5. Top rice salad with cashews then spoon onto serving plates.
6. Add bok choy and salmon fillets; serve immediately.
Click the print icon at the top of the page to print this page or
download the recipe as a PDF.
LiveLighter © State of Western Australia 2013, reproduced with permission.