Governance is the process for making and implementing decisions. Cancer Council NSW Board’s Cancer Research Committee is our key research governance body.
Cancer Research Committee Membership
- Researchers with a wide range of expertise, including clinical research
- Members of the cancer community
- Cancer Council NSW, Chief Executive Officer
- A representative of the Board.
All research at Cancer Council is undertaken in accordance with the following research governance principles:
- Compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and codes of practice
- Compliance with all Cancer Council NSW policy, procedures and guidelines
- All research carried out by Cancer Council NSW is conducted with the highest standard of integrity and in accordance with the Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research.
- Research involving human participants, their data or tissue must undergo ethical and scientific review, approval and monitoring by a Human Research Ethics Committee
- Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002 (NSW)
- Research is conducted with relevant risk management procedures in place covering data security, confidentiality and security of biological specimens. We ensure that all our staff and students understand and implement relevant risk management.