Telephone Support Groups for cancer patients and carers
Telephone support groups offer support and information to adults affected by cancer, including patients, their families and carers.
We've run groups for over a decade, connecting hundreds of people.
Wherever you are in Australia, you can:
- talk with people who are in a similar situation
- share experiences and information
- give and receive support
- share practical tips, tools and strategies.
How do groups work?
- each group has 3-7 members and two trained facilitators.
- groups get together over the phone twice a month. Each session lasts an hour.
- participation is flexible -- it's okay to skip sessions when you need to.
- it's free and confidential.
|Advanced Cancer||1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month||1.30-2.30pm*|
|Advanced Breast Cancer||2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month||1.30-2.30pm|
|Brain Tumour||1st and 3rd Monday of the month||1.30-2.30pm|
|Lung Cancer||2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month||10.30-11.30am|
|Multiple Myeloma||2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month||1.30-2.30pm|
|Pancreatic Cancer||1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month||1.30-2.30pm|
Groups for family and friends
|Carer||2nd and 4th Monday of the month||1.30 - 2.30pm|
|Bereavement||2nd and 4th Monday of the month||10:30-11.30am|
*All group times are in NSW time.