We are currently in the process of transitioning to a new donations platform. To become a Regular Giver please call our donor hotline on 1300 780 113.
By joining our regular giving program – Breakthrough – you will help support thousands of people touched by cancer and ensure that no one faces cancer alone.
Please make a regular gift today and help us continue our vital work.
Cancer Council funded close to $15 million in cancer research in 2015. Unfortunately we still have to turn away half the worthy research projects we receive, any one of which could hold the key to the next Breakthrough.
What is regular giving?
Regular giving is so important because it gives Cancer Council the financial stability to dedicate funds to life saving research, prevention programs, and support services.
We only receive 3% government funding – so thanks in large part to our Breakthrough donors, we can help the 1 in 2 people affected by cancer everyday.
Making a regular gift today will make a significant contribution to our goal of beating all cancers in all people.
Why become a Breakthrough member?
Your ongoing monthly donations will help us to fast track promising research across all cancers, and hopefully provide Breakthroughs in the fight against cancer.
Your regular gift will help take us one step closer to our goal of beating cancer.
Each July, you’ll receive a tax deductible receipt for all your Breakthrough gifts over the financial year. Of course you can increase or decrease your monthly gift or cancel at any time.
So thank you for generously considering to become a Breakthrough supporter, you are helping so many people, both today through much needed cancer support services, and in the future through cancer research.
Just a few of our many achievements, thanks to our wonderful Breakthrough supporters:
- In 2015 Cancer Council spent close to $15 million supporting the best ideas and the best people in Australian cancer research
- In 2016, Cancer Council is funding 14 completely new research grants into melanoma, leukaemia, breast, lung, bone and brain cancer, among others
- The Cancer Council 13 11 20 Information and Support service responds to over 12,000 calls every year
- In 2015, Cancer Council helped to transport over 7,000 patients and carers to and from treatment
- In the last 10 years the Breakthrough program has raised more than $50 million for cancer research and support services