Calling all Chargers to get involved in The March Charge 2018
Cancer Council is encouraging individuals and teams across Australia to sign up for The March Charge. Participants set a walking or running challenge for the month of March, and raise funds to help move towards a cancer-free future.
Money raised from The March Charge will continue to help fund cancer research, provide information and support for those affected by cancer and their loved ones and run prevention and advocacy programs to reduce the impact of cancer in the future. Cancer Council is the only charity organisation that works across every stage of every cancer, making a significant impact on individuals and the wider community.
“Without the support of our incredible fundraisers, Cancer Council would not be able to continue to make real differences to those affected by cancer today and into the future,” said Adelaide Thompson, Acting Director of Fundraising at Cancer Council NSW.
“The March Charge is a great opportunity to jump-start your physical exercise, push yourself a little further and reduce your own cancer risk.”
For the first time in 2018, The March Charge participants can also earn Qantas Points when they run or walk this March. Participants apply when registering at the start of March and can earn up to 3000 Qantas Points.
“We’re so excited about this partnership. It’s a wonderful chance to give back to our March Chargers, and a great incentive to keep going and reach their kilometre goals.” Ms Thompson continued.
Individuals and teams can set up a walking or running target depending on fitness levels, and will receive information and support on how to fundraise and how to reach their goals after signing up to The March Charge.
Join the Chargers and register online at http://www.themarchcharge.com.au/
Notes to editor:
- The March Charge 2018 is a fitness challenge that asks people to set a walking or running target to complete in the month of March and fundraise for Cancer Council.
- Last year, almost 7000 people registered to take part in The March Charge, collectively raising over $914,000 nationally.
- In 2018, The March Charge aims to raise $1,000,000.
- Participants in The March Charge are call ‘Chargers’. Chargers can participate as individuals or in a team.
- The March Charge is a virtual campaign throughout March where participants are encouraged to seek support from their family and friends by way of donation.
- The March Charge provides an opportunity for everyone, no matter what their fitness level, to get healthy and contribute to a cancer-free future.
- Money raised from Cancer Council’s The March Charge helps fund world-class cancer research, prevention and advocacy programs, and support services to help those affected by cancer at every part of their journey.
Partnership with Qantas Assure
The March Charge has partnered with Qantas Assure to provide Qantas Points to those who sign up and fundraise for Cancer Council.
How the Qantas Points work:
- Participants need to have registered with their Qantas Frequent Flyer number before 4 March (they enter this during the registration process or from their dashboard)
- They then download the Qantas Assure App to track their activity – this can sync to other fitness tracking apps like Fitbit etc.
- Throughout March, all March Chargers need to do is receive five individual donations and reach their kilometre target and they will earn Qantas Points
Those who join The March Charge can earn up to 3000 Qantas Points. For more information head to www.themarchcharge.com.au or visit www.welness.qantasassure.com/partners/cancercouncil