A Cancer Council Information Service is provided within treatment centres across NSW. The service offers cancer patients, carers, their friends and family information on cancer and a range of support services.
What do the Information Services provide?
- Access to evidence based information for anyone affected by cancer.
- Over 50 free Cancer Council NSW publications about cancer, treatment and side effects available in print and online.
- Information about cancer support services in NSW.
- Access to Cancer Council NSW cancer support services.
- Social support.
Talk to a trained Cancer Council volunteer, who can help you find the resources or services you need. While not providing counselling or medical advice, our volunteers are happy to discuss your situation and guide you to relevant information and services.
Interested in volunteering for the Cancer Council Information Service? Click here.
13 11 20 Cancer Information and Support access
Each location has access to a telephone, so you can talk confidentially to a cancer professional on 13 11 20 about any aspect of cancer.
Where are Cancer Council Information Services located?
Cancer Council Information Services are available at the following treatment centres:
- Armidale – Armidale Hospital
- Albury – Albury Wodonga Regional Cancer Centre
- Blacktown – Blacktown Hospital
- Byron Bay – Byron Bay Hospital
- Coffs Harbour – NCCI Coffs Harbour
- Frenchs Forest – NCI Frenchs Forest
- Gosford – Central Coast Cancer Centre
- Kingswood – Nepean Hospital
- Kogarah – St George Hospital
- Lake Macquarie – Lake Macquarie Private Hospital
- Lismore – St Vincents Private Hospital
- Liverpool – Liverpool Hospital
- Newcastle – Calvary Mater Hospital
- Randwick – Prince of Wales Hospital
- Shoalhaven – Shoalhaven Cancer Care Centre
- St Leonards – NCI St Leonards
- Tamworth – North West Cancer Centre
- Tweed Heads – The Tweed Hospital
- Wagga Wagga – Riverina Cancer Care Centre
- Westmead – Westmead Cancer Care Centre
- Wollongong – Illawarra Cancer Care Centre
- Wyong – Wyong Chemotherapy Day Unit