Information and support helpline
Call 13 11 20 Information and Support, Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm.
Outside of these hours please leave a message and you will be contacted on the next business day. Local call costs apply for all calls from within Australia.
Cancer Council 13 11 20 Information and Support is a confidential service where you can speak to a specialist cancer professional about anything to do with cancer, including:
- emotional support if you or someone you care about has cancer
- how to prevent cancer
- questions about early detection
- cancer diagnosis
- how to cope with treatment and its side effects
- practical support that is available to anyone affected by cancer
- end of life issues.
Cancer Council 13 11 20 Information and Support provides access to:
- Peer support (patient to patient)
- Telephone and online support groups
- Referrals to financial planning referral service
- Referrals to legal referral service
- Referrals to the workplace advisory service
- Home support and transport to treatment
- Cancer survivor programs
- Publications and DVDs about cancer.
Other support services:
For information in a language other than English, call the Telephone Translation and Interpreting Service on 13 14 50.
We can call you back on a mobile phone or land line. Please advise us if it is appropriate for us to leave a message on your phone.
If you have difficulty communicating over the phone, call the National Relay Service on 13 36 77. This is a government initiative to assist people who are hearing and/or speech impaired. This service will help you to communicate with a Cancer Council 13 11 20 Information and Support consultant.
If you need support outside of business hours, you may wish to access our online forum Cancer Council Online Community.
Cancer Council Online Community is a moderated peer-support website for people affected by cancer, an online community where anyone can participate in discussion forums, find support groups and keep personal pages and blogs.
If you are currently distressed call Lifeline on 13 11 14, available 24 hours a day.