Submissions to Government
As Australia’s leading cancer charity, we advocate to change policies and laws on behalf of our communities to improve outcomes for people affected by cancer.
We use evidence-based research to inform our work which includes submissions and responses to parliamentary inquiries, draft regulations and reports.
Nutrition and alcohol
Submission to the NSW Productivity Commissioner regarding the Productivity Commission Green Paper, “Continuing the productivity conversation”, and its recommendations into the retail sale of packaged alcohol.
- Submission to the Liquor Amendment (24-hour economy) Bill 2020, June 2020 Go to PDF
- Review of the Liquor Promotion Guidelines 2018, August 2018 Go to PDF
- Proposed Liquor Regulation 2018 (NSW), July 2018 Go to PDF
- Legislative Council inquiry into fresh food pricing, May 2018 Go to PDF
- Australia and New Zealand Ministerial Forum on Food Regulation review of fast food menu labelling schemes, March 2018 Go to PDF
- Inquiry into the Alcoholic Beverages Advertising Prohibition Bill, November 2017 Go to PDF
- Liquor & Gaming NSW Evaluation of the Community Impact Statement requirement for liquor licence applications Discussion Paper, July 2017 Go to PDF
- Draft Environmental Planning and Assessment Amendment Bill 2017, March 2017 Go to PDF
- NSW Inquiry into Childhood overweight and obesity, August 2016 Go to PDF
- NSW Liquor Law Review, April 2016 Go to PDF
- NSW Food Authority Proposed Food Regulation 2015 & Regulatory Impact Statement, June 2015 Go to PDF
- Australian Government Competition Policy Review Final Report, May 2015 Go to PDF
- Free TV Australia Invitation for public comment on the Commercial Television Industry Code of Practice, April 2015 Go to PDF
Research and other
Letter to Minister for Health from Cancer Council NSW – cancer patients in bushfire affected areas, January 2020
Letter to the Hon. Brad Hazzard recommending that the IPTAAS eligibility criteria be relaxed as part of the bushfire disaster recovery effort.
- Cancer Council NSW Submission to Clinical Excellence Commission Consultation, May 2018 Go to PDF
- Cancer Council NSW Response to Palliative Care Roundtables Consultation, December 2017 Go to PDF
- Cancer Council NSW Submission on the Voluntary Assisted Dying Bill 2017 (NSW), July 2017 Go to PDF
- Submission to the Productivity Commission Draft Report ‘Introducing competition and informed user choice into human services: Reforms to human services, June 2017 Go to PDF
- Submission to the Greater Sydney Commission draft District Plans and the Towards our Greater Sydney 2056 amendment to A Plan for Growing Sydney, March 2017 Go to PDF
- Standing committee on Health: Inquiry into chronic disease prevention and management of lymphoedema in primary health care – submitted as member of the Lymphoedema Action Alliance (LAA), July 2015 Go to PDF
- NSW Upper House General Purpose Standing Committee 3 (GPSC 3) Inquiry into Registered nurses in nursing homes in NSW, July 2015 Go to PDF
- House of Representative Standing Committee on the Environment Inquiry into the Register of Environmental Organisations, May 2015 Go to PDF
- NSW Cancer Plan Draft 2016-2020, October 2015 Go to PDF
Smoking and vaping
Submission on the NSW Government’s draft Retirement Villages Regulation 2017 which calls for the inclusion of all smoke-free by-laws available under strata schemes.