Useful websites on complementary therapies
There are many useful online resources, however not all websites are reliable. Click on the links below for reliable information on cancer and complementary therapies from Australian and international organisations.
- Cancer Council Australia
- Cancer Australia
- Cancer Council Online Community
- Carers Australia
- Department of Health
- Australasian Integrative Medicine Association
- Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Australian Register of Homoeopaths
- Australian Register of Naturopaths and Herbalists
- National Institute of Complementary Medicine
- Therapeutic Goods Administration
- American Cancer Society
- Macmillan Cancer Support
- Cancer Research UK
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- CAM-Cancer – Complementary and Alternative Medicine for Cancer
- National Cancer Institute
- National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health
- Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database
- Office of Cancer Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Society for Integrative Oncology
Download a PDF booklet on this topic.
Suzanne Grant, Senior Acupuncturist, Chris O’Brien Lifehouse, NSW; A/Prof Craig Hassed, Senior Lecturer, Department of General Practice, Monash University, VIC; Mara Lidums, Consumer; Tanya McMillan, Consumer; Simone Noelker, Physiotherapist and Wellness Centre Manager, Ballarat Regional Integrated Cancer Centre, VIC; A/Prof Byeongsang Oh, Acupuncturist, University of Sydney and Northern Sydney Cancer Centre, NSW; Sue Suchy, Consumer; Marie Veale, 13 11 20 Consultant, Cancer Council Queensland, QLD; Prof Anne Williams, Nursing Research Consultant, Centre for Nursing Research, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, and Chair, Health Research, School of Health Professions, Murdoch University, WA.
View the Cancer Council NSW editorial policy.
Coping with cancer?
Speak to a health professional or to someone who has been there, or find a support group or forum
Looking for transport, accommodation or home help?
Practical advice and support during and after treatment