Thousands of working Australians are diagnosed with cancer every year. If a member of your staff has cancer or is caring for someone with cancer, it can be difficult to know the best way to support him or her. Cancer Council NSW has developed some fact sheets to assist managers and human resources professionals to provide a supportive and fair work environment. The Fact Sheets provide information about cancer, treatment and side effects, and outline practical suggestions for workplaces.
- Cancer myths and facts (PDF; 47 KB)
- Talking to your employee about cancer (PDF; 46 KB)
- Creating cancer-friendly workplaces (PDF; 56 KB)
- Supporting a colleague with cancer (PDF; 50 KB)
- Supporting working carers (PDF; 51 KB)
- Death and bereavement (PDF; 52 KB)