A Cancer Council Information Service is provided within treatment centres across NSW. Offering an opportunity for cancer patients, carers, their friends and family to be provided with information on cancer and a range of support services.
What is involved?
- Access to evidence based information for anyone affected by cancer.
- Improving awareness and access to support services, including CCNSW Services.
- Providing social support.
Cancer Council NSW has a range of publications that are available at our Information Service locations, with over 50 resources available.
Talk to a trained Cancer Council volunteer, who can help you find the resources or services you need. While not providing counselling or medical advice, the volunteers are happy to discuss your situation and guide you to relevant information and services.
13 11 20 Cancer Information and Support access
Each location has access to a telephone, so you can talk confidentially to a cancer professional on 13 11 20 about any aspect of cancer.
Find an Information Service near you
There is currently Cancer Council Information Services at the following locations:
- Armidale – Armidale Hospital
- Albury – Albury Wodonga Regional Cancer Centre
- Blacktown – Blacktown Hospital
- Byron Bay – Byron Bay Hospital (opening in 2017)
- Coffs Harbour – NCCI Coffs Harbour
- Gosford – Central Coast Cancer Centre
- Kingswood – Nepean Hospital
- Kogarah – St George Hospital
- Lake Macquarie – Lake Macquarie Private Hospital
- Lismore – St Vincents Private Hospital
- Liverpool – Liverpool Hospital
- Newcastle – Calvary Mater Hospital
- Randwick – Prince of Wales Hospital
- Shoalhaven – Shoalhaven Cancer Care Centre
- Tamworth – North West Cancer Centre
- Tweed Heads – The Tweed Hospital
- Wagga Wagga – Riverina Cancer Care Centre
- Westmead – Westmead Cancer Care Centre
- Wollongong – Illawarra Cancer Care Centre
- Wyong – Wyong Chemotherapy Day Unit
Interested in volunteering for the Cancer Council Information Service? Click here.