Program Manager – Data, Cancer Research Division
Cancer Council NSW
Ph: 9334 1802
Katie has worked in the Cancer Research Division for 15 years, as a project coordinator on the Colorectal Cancer Care Study and the Longer Term Survival and Concordance with Treatment Guidelines for Colorectal Cancer Study, as well as others. Katie took the position of Program Manager – Data in 2012, as the Cancer Research Division data management needs have steadily grown over the last decade and now require dedicated management staff.
Bachelor Applied Science (Health Information Management), University of Sydney
- Sitas F, Gibberd A, Kahn C, Weber M, Chiew M, Supramaniam R, Velentzis L, Nickson C, Smith D, O’Connell D, Smith M, Armstrong K, Yu XQ, Canfell K, Robotin M, Feletto E, Penman A. Cancer incidence and mortality in people aged less than 75 years: Changes in Australia over the period 1987–2007. Cancer Epidemiology 2013;37(6):780-787
- Feletto E, Gibberd A, Kahn C, Weber M, Chiew M, Supramaniam R, Velentzis L, Nickson C, Smith D, O’Connell D, Smith M, Armstrong K, Yu XQ, Canfell K, Robotin M, Penman A, Sitas F. The State of Cancer Control in Australia 1987-2007: Changes in cancer incidence and mortality. Sydney, Australia: Cancer Council NSW; 2013.
- Feletto E, Sitas F, Gibberd A, Kahn C, Weber M, Grogan P, Chiew M, Supramaniam R, Velentzis L, Nickson C, Smith D, O’Connell D, Smith M, Armstrong K, Yu XQ, Canfell K, Robotin M, Penman A. The State of Cancer Control Summary. Cancer Council NSW 2013.
- Goldsbury DE, Armstrong K, Simonella L, Armstrong BK, O’Connell DL. Using administrative health data to describe colorectal and lung cancer care in New South Wales, Australia: a validation study. BMC Health Serv Res 2012; 12:387
- O’Connell D, Armstrong K, Simonella L. Developing and assessing treatment algorithyms for the management of lung cancer in NSW. Cancer Institute NSW – NSWOG Lung Cancer Group. 2010.
- Habib MR, Solomon MJ, Young HM, Armstrong BK, O’Connell D, Armstrong K. Evidence-based and clinical outcome scores to facilitate audit and feedback for colorectal cancer care. Dis Col Rectum 2009;52:616-622.