A sun protection policy is a written document that records why and how your organisation will manage the risk from UV radiation.
A sun protection policy should include the following key elements:
- description of the hazard and key reasons for the policy
- details of sun protection control measures to action
- details of education and training requirements
- an outline of who is responsible for implementation and monitoring
- procedures for managing non-compliance
- details of review process
Cancer Council NSW has developed a number of Sun Protection Policies for various setting.
Choose from the options below for more information:
Cancer Council has developed a number of free resources to help workplaces develop and implement a sun protection policy. Click here to have a look at Cancer Council’s workplace sun protection policy.