It won’t come as a shock that smoking can cause lung cancer. We now know that smoking can cause 16 different cancers. Here are some of the facts on smoking and cancer.
These are the 16 cancers you are at risk of getting if you smoke:
- Cancer of the lung
- Cancers of the mouth, throat, nose and sinuses
- Cancers of the oesophagus
- Cancers of the bladder, kidney and ureter
- Cancer of the pancreas
- Cancer of the stomach
- Cancer of the liver
- Cancer of the cervix and ovary
- Cancer of the bowel (colorectal cancer)
- Acute myeloid leukaemia
For help and information on how to quit smoking visit the iCanQuit website or call Quitline on 13 QUIT (13 78 48).