Serves: 12 | Preparation time: 20 minutes | Cooking time: 20 minutes
2 large carrots, grated skin on
1 banana, mashed
200g crushed pineapple in a tin, no added sugar
100ml of pineapple juice from tin
1 ½ cups of self-raising flour
½ cup of sultanas (optional)
¼ cup shredded coconut
1 tsp cinnamon
1 pinch bicarb soda
½ cup of milk
1 egg, beaten
½ cup canola oil
¼ cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven 180 degrees Celsius. Pre-grease muffin tray for 12 muffins.
- Combine banana, sugar, milk, egg and mix. Add carrot, pineapple and sultanas, canola oil and juice.
- Sift flour, cinnamon and bicarb soda. Add in coconut.
- Fold flour mic through banana mix until well combined.
- Put in muffin tray and bake for 20-25mins or until centre of muffins bounce back on touch.
- Let cool before serving.
One muffin is one serve.
Image and recipe courtesy of Bite Nutrition, reproduced with permission.