Beat Cancer @ Work is partnering with businesses to reduce the risk of cancer in the local community. Thousands of working Australians are diagnosed with cancer every year and the impact on families, carers and communities is significant. Cancer Council NSW are committed to reducing the impact of cancer by assisting managers and human resource professionals to provide an informed and supportive work environment.
Why register for Beat Cancer @ Work?
Through Beat Cancer @ Work we bring Cancer Council NSW’s programs and services to the workplace in an easy and accessible way. We achieve this by working within existing business programs such as Work Health & Safety (WHS) and Wellness in the Workplace making it easier for employers to implement. When your business joins Beat Cancer @ Work you receive access to a number of resources including: Workplace education and toolbox talks, resources for employers, and services for employees and their families affected by cancer.
Beat Cancer @ Work Objectives
- Provide information on healthy lifestyle choices including cancer screening and early detection.
- Promote ways to reduce the risk of cancer to businesses workforce.
- Provide an advisory service to businesses on cancer control issues such as sun protection, smoking, nutrition and cancer support.
- Provide access to Cancer Council services for employees and their families affected by cancer.
- Assist management to support employees affected by cancer.
Beat Cancer @ Work is provided at no cost to partner organisations.
The pilot program in 2016/2017 is open to members of Cancer Council NSW’s Local Chamber partners:
- Maitland Business Chamber
- Lake Macquarie Business
- Cessnock Chamber of Commerce
- Singleton Chamber of Commerce
We are supported by KIS Marketing.
Cancer Council NSW – Hunter Region
Charlestown office on (02) 4923 0700
Singleton office on (02) 6572 5400
Information on Cancer Council NSW support services:
Information on Cancer Council NSW resources: