TAGlines newsletters 2005 – 2010
TAGLines newsletter - Tobacco control news and commentary 2005-2010
TAGlines was the newsletter of Cancer Council's Tobacco Action Group which ran between January 2005 to January 2010. The newsletter comprised reports and Cancer Council commentary on many tobacco-related developments and issues of the day.The now archived editions of TAGlines provide somewhat of a history of tobacco industry tactics and tobacco control responses during the five year period. Events, issues and other subject matter covered included:
- the incessant efforts of tobacco companies to subvert public health measures in the interests of profit maximisation
- the myriad third-party organsiations that have advocated for tobacco industry-friendly legislation
- the battle for smoke-free environments
- the role of party political financial donations in undermining and/or delaying tobacco control legislation
- the landmark US legal decision that found the major tobacco companies had engaged in a five decade long conspiracy to deceive and defraud the public about the health risks of smoking
- and much more.
These archives will therefore be of strong interest to journalists, students, other researchers and anyone who believes that public health should take precedence over vested interest. We are pleased to make available here the complete catalogue of TAGlines from December 2005 to January 2010.
If you are inspired to take action on current tobacco control issues click here.
Read past issues of TAGlines: